This case study outlines a typical solution provided by P & I Design Ltd for PLC control of critical site power supply systems for internet data centres, telecommunication nodes and similar installations. A typical installation may comprise multiple 11kV/400V transformers supplying LV switchboards with generator support.
Services provided include
- Conceptual design working with clients consultant.
- Detailed design of control system functionality, including functional specification, testing procedures and all other supporting documentation.
- Delivery of fully factory tested PLC / SCADA control system including control panels.
- Integration with third party control systems e.g. Building Management Systems on a variety of industry standard protocols.
- To provide remote access for diagnostics and on-line support.
Typical Functional Requirements
- Switching sequence automation of all LV breakers.
- Automated control of standby generator power plants.
- Load shedding and peak lopping.
- Soft transfers including G59 protection.
- Automated load bank testing.
P & I Design Ltd can provide 24 hours per day 7 days a week technical assistance and support. Most problems can be resolved with out a visit to site, as the engineer can interrogate the system remotely.